Appliances & Electronics Program
The Appliances and Electronics Incentive Program is offered to Pennsylvania small commercial, industrial, governmental and institutional customers of FirstEnergy’s Pennsylvania utilities (Met-Ed, Penelec, Penn Power and West Penn Power). The Program offers incentives to participants to install high-efficiency equipment such as ENERGY STAR® certified appliances and electronics.
The project must be completed or installed on or after June 1, 2021, and no later than May 31, 2026. The rebate must be applied for no later than 180 days from the date of project completion, which is defined as all equipment being installed, operational and commissioned.
Eligible Measures and Incentives
Incentives available from the Appliances and Electronics Incentive Program are shown below. Only new equipment is eligible for incentives under the Appliances and Electronics Incentive Program.
- ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers and electric dryers
- ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators and freezers
- ENERGY STAR certified window air conditioners
- ENERGY STAR certified heat pump and solar water heaters
- ENERGY STAR certified office equipment
- ENERGY STAR certified uninterruptable power supplies (UPS)
- Pre-rinse spray nozzles
- Certified EV charging cord
- ENERGY STAR certified water cooler
Certain measures require CEE (Design Light Consortium [DLC] approval for Energy Efficiency) Tier I, II, III and ENERGY STAR requirement. Refer to incentive table for details.
Information relating to ENERGY STAR, DLC and CEE ratings maybe found at the following:
To qualify for incentives through this Program, equipment must be new and installed after June 1, 2021, and on or before May 31, 2026.
Pre-approval is not required, but it is encouraged. The pre-approval process is the recommended way to ensure the proposed equipment meets program requirements and qualifies for incentives. If your project was completed on or installed on June 1, 2021, or later and you did not obtain pre-approval, then you may apply for incentives no later than 180 days from the date of project completion (completion is defined as all equipment being installed and operable).
How do I Apply?
The participant may apply to the program by submitting an application via an Application pdf form or the online Application Portal.
- Completed Appliance and Electronics calculator spreadsheet
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for the proposed equipment. Please highlight all relevant information such as the equipment efficiency ratings, model and wattage
- W-9 tax form for the incentive payee
- Copy of utility bill (within the past three months) to conﬁrm account number and service address. If desired, the participant may obscure all cost and rate-related information
- A cost sheet estimate
What Happens Next?
The Program Administrator will notify the applicant via email when the Application review is complete. If application is complete and meets program eligibility requirements, program applicant will receive an Offer Letter. If project application is incomplete or requires more information, Program Administrator will contact customer.
Once the project is complete, the participant should review the approved application for any changes to the project that occurred during installation and make any needed corrections or updates to project application and documentation. The following final documentation should be submitted to the Program Administrator for review:
- Detailed, itemized invoices or proofs of purchase for the equipment installed.
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for any additional equipment installed (if applicable).
- Completed letter of attestation.
- If applicable, customers who wish to issue all or a portion of their incentive to a 3rd party should complete a Third Party Incentive Payment form.
Upon receipt and verification of all required documentation, the incentive check will be processed and mailed to the applicant or to an authorized representative.
For more detailed, step-by-step information, please visit the Apply Now page. Or contact us at 844-323-6399 or CIFirstEnergyPA@franklinenergy.com.
Have questions or want to learn more?
Please contact us at 844-323-6399 or CIFirstEnergyPA@franklinenergy.com. We're here to help!
Franklin Energy is the designated program implementer for commercial and industrial energy efficiency programs for FirstEnergy's Pennsylvania utilities. This website is maintained by Franklin Energy.
The costs of energy efficiency programs are recovered through customer rates in accordance with PA Act 129 of 2008. For a complete list of commercial, industrial, residential, and low-income energy efficiency programs, please visit energysavePA.com.
By participating in these energy efficiency and peak demand reduction programs, customers agree to allow their utility to retain ownership of all Capacity Rights which refers to the demand reduction associated with any energy efficiency and peak demand reduction measure for which incentives were provided by the Company. Your utility will aggregate these energy efficiency demand reduction attributes into the PJM capacity market with proceeds being used to offset the program costs.
Phone: 844-323-6399 Email: CIFirstEnergyPA@franklinenergy.com